Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. Routes & Tracks
  3. Route to track convertion

Route to track convertion

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Routes & Tracks
15 Posts 7 Posters 6.4k Views 4 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • TorqueRider
    TorqueRider
    TorqueRider
    wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @Guzt
    It's clear what you mean! And it's a good suggestion! 👍
    It's just the terminology used. 😉

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Guzt Guzt

      @Jack-van-Tilburg I thought that that was obvious that the track should than be saved in one's personal library of tracklogs.
      Routes imported from or driven or just made makes no difference.
      I normally use basecamp and there it much easier: just 2 clicks.

      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      HABVEN aka MrMRA
      Valued contributor
      wrote on last edited by
      #6

      @Guzt

      When you save or export the route the track is included

      BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
      Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

      TorqueRider Guzt 2 Replies Last reply
      0
      • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

        @Guzt

        When you save or export the route the track is included

        TorqueRider
        TorqueRider
        TorqueRider
        wrote on last edited by
        #7

        @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master
        I am pretty sure @Guzt knows that.
        And I am pretty sure he means this function in Mapsource
        Just right click and choose convert to track in the contextmenu. The result is a track in the same folder as the route.

        Scherm­afbeelding 2024-03-19 om 21.26.52.png

        HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • TorqueRider TorqueRider

          @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master
          I am pretty sure @Guzt knows that.
          And I am pretty sure he means this function in Mapsource
          Just right click and choose convert to track in the contextmenu. The result is a track in the same folder as the route.

          Scherm­afbeelding 2024-03-19 om 21.26.52.png

          HABVEN aka MrMRA
          HABVEN aka MrMRA
          HABVEN aka MrMRA
          Valued contributor
          wrote on last edited by
          #8

          @Jack-van-Tilburg

          I know that fuction. Also that you can edit a track in Basecamp.

          BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
          Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

            @Guzt

            When you save or export the route the track is included

            Guzt
            Guzt
            Guzt
            wrote on last edited by
            #9

            @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master Your answer is besides the point I'm addressing.
            When e.g. a standard member makes a route in OSM and you import it into your routes and you change the map set, the route will change. In order to have a reference you need the track for comparising. So before changing the map set, you need to save the track first and then import it again in your tracklogs folder before you can use it as an underlay in the mapset suitable for your gps. Even when one uses the same mapset you need the track before you can optimize the route (fastet to shortest and drag the route to the track). When you do this and send the route as a gpx1.1 (route, track, POI) to any one they will ride the same route for 99.99% (calculating algorithms in the gps differ from those in the route planner) after recalculation of the direct route in the gps (I hate track to route convertion in the gps as one loses the waypoints in the route and is only handy for large driving events where the route is split up in sections from stop to stop and one doesn't have to care about what gps is used).
            Another advantage of recalculating routes in both fastest time and shorter distance is that a garmin user can leave the recalculation mode in the gps on 'on". Even the XT users I know whom uses MRA prefer this method i.s.o. using the gpx1.2
            I have been using this same principle in basecamp for years now and even when I import an optimized BC route in MRA I still have to make changes just due to different calculating algorithms or small map set differences.

            SP2820, 550, 660, 590, XT, MRA Next. Mapsource, Tyre (met de nodige conversaties tot hierboven), Kurviger, Routeyou, MRA Gold sinds het begin, MRA Next app, App68studio,.. en BC natuurlijk

            1 Reply Last reply
            2
            • Mike Walker
              Mike Walker
              Mike Walker
              wrote on last edited by
              #10

              Hi all - just to add I agree with the OP. It seems counter-intuitive to have to export and import from MRA to save the track. I also use the same functionality in Basecamp but am keen to see about moving to MRA because the cloud functionality is so much better.

              Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Mike Walker Mike Walker

                Hi all - just to add I agree with the OP. It seems counter-intuitive to have to export and import from MRA to save the track. I also use the same functionality in Basecamp but am keen to see about moving to MRA because the cloud functionality is so much better.

                Con Hennekens
                Con Hennekens
                Con Hennekens
                Alpha tester
                wrote on last edited by
                #11

                @Mike-Walker, Actually, I expect such a function when the web planner gets it's overhaul sometime this year (hopefully!)

                I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                Mike Walker 1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                  @Mike-Walker, Actually, I expect such a function when the web planner gets it's overhaul sometime this year (hopefully!)

                  Mike Walker
                  Mike Walker
                  Mike Walker
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #12

                  @Con-Hennekens and do we think the functionality to display a track whilst navigating a route might also make an appearance at some point soon?

                  Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Mike Walker Mike Walker

                    @Con-Hennekens and do we think the functionality to display a track whilst navigating a route might also make an appearance at some point soon?

                    Con Hennekens
                    Con Hennekens
                    Con Hennekens
                    Alpha tester
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #13

                    @Mike-Walker, I really don't know. I would welcome that, but given the fact that the app already shows the initial route line the use case for showing tracks (that are not the route) is rather limited. I doubt that it will get priority, bu I also know it will make some people happy 😉

                    I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                    Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                    Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • DaudGS
                      DaudGS
                      DaudGS
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #14

                      Has the development team taken any action to implement the change requested by @Gutz? The last comment on this topic is over a year old. I always found this to be a very useful option in Basecamp so I'm surprised it's not available in MRA.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Reinhard-32
                        Reinhard-32
                        Reinhard-32
                        wrote on last edited by Reinhard-32
                        #15

                        There is an "easy" way to do this. Copy the route and name the copy e.g. as route reference.
                        Then open the original route again and add the "route reference".
                        It will then look like a track. This takes about less than 1 minute.
                        Then change the calculation map and make any necessary adjustments.

                        Kindly regards
                        Reinhard

                        Montana 700i and Mac

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        ACTIVE USERS
                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                        HABVEN aka MrMRA
                        Con Hennekens
                        Con Hennekens
                        Guzt
                        Guzt
                        Reinhard-32
                        Reinhard-32
                        TorqueRider
                        TorqueRider
                        DaudGS
                        DaudGS
                        Mike Walker
                        Mike Walker
                        POPULAR TOPICS
                        • Help please, new user
                          Bull Tahr
                          Bull Tahr
                          0
                          8
                          195

                        • My Routeapp Stays questions
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          0
                          5
                          20

                        • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          0
                          7
                          45

                        • LAN001 - Statistics data from a Tracklog and Map improvment
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          0
                          3
                          8

                        • Rijrichting in route
                          a white mouse on the motorbike
                          a white mouse on the motorbike
                          4
                          23
                          4.9k

                        • [Request] Recent changes on webplanner...
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          Lluis Arasanz
                          0
                          3
                          10

                        • Opslaan POI duurt lang
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          Rob Verhoeff
                          0
                          2
                          2

                        • Making animated travelmaps for free
                          Travellexxie
                          Travellexxie
                          5
                          2
                          104

                        MY GROUPS
                        • Login

                        • Login or register to search.
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Categories
                        • Recent
                        • Popular
                        • Support
                        • MyRoute-app