Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. The MyRoute-app
  3. [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Is Gold star essential

Is Gold star essential

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
6 Posts 4 Posters 1.8k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Jurassic Mike
    Jurassic Mike
    Jurassic Mike
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I have been trying MRA for just over a week now. I have the Navigation sub. but only the basic Route planning as yet.
    I have had nothing but problems and still can't get the navigation working properly. Such things as;
    No voice prompts, even though they are on in settings.
    Map location not moving on the displayed map, using Android phone.
    Totally wrong directions, even to turn into roads that do not exist where the current location is.
    Map detail on the default sub. not detailed enough.
    It all seems over complicated to me so I have a basic question to ask.
    Is it essential to purchase the GOLD membership for it all to work correctly?
    I have never had these sort of issues with other apps that I have been using. I am considering reverting to a previous one if this can't be resolved quickly.

    Con Hennekens RetiredWingMan 2 Replies Last reply
    0
    • Jurassic Mike Jurassic Mike

      I have been trying MRA for just over a week now. I have the Navigation sub. but only the basic Route planning as yet.
      I have had nothing but problems and still can't get the navigation working properly. Such things as;
      No voice prompts, even though they are on in settings.
      Map location not moving on the displayed map, using Android phone.
      Totally wrong directions, even to turn into roads that do not exist where the current location is.
      Map detail on the default sub. not detailed enough.
      It all seems over complicated to me so I have a basic question to ask.
      Is it essential to purchase the GOLD membership for it all to work correctly?
      I have never had these sort of issues with other apps that I have been using. I am considering reverting to a previous one if this can't be resolved quickly.

      Con Hennekens
      Con Hennekens
      Con Hennekens
      Alpha tester
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @Jurassic-Mike said in Is Gold star essential:

      Is it essential to purchase the GOLD membership for it all to work correctly?

      No, it is certainly not.
      Can you provide some details, preferably a shared route plus a screenshot indicating where things go wrong? There is a problem with voice being not loud enough for many users, but no voice at all I have not heard of before. Do you hear a voice when toggling between mid and high loudness voice?

      9d250bdf-86b9-4490-97bc-0e569ab85515-image.png

      I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

      Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

      Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

      Jurassic Mike 2 Replies Last reply
      0
      • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

        @Jurassic-Mike said in Is Gold star essential:

        Is it essential to purchase the GOLD membership for it all to work correctly?

        No, it is certainly not.
        Can you provide some details, preferably a shared route plus a screenshot indicating where things go wrong? There is a problem with voice being not loud enough for many users, but no voice at all I have not heard of before. Do you hear a voice when toggling between mid and high loudness voice?

        9d250bdf-86b9-4490-97bc-0e569ab85515-image.png

        Jurassic Mike
        Jurassic Mike
        Jurassic Mike
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @Con-Hennekens Thanks for replying.
        I'll have to set a new route and try it as I have deleted the ones I am speaking about in trying to find a resolution to the issues. It won't be until the weekend now.
        I'll do my best to get a screenshot but as this will be in the middle of a ride I'm not sure if I'll be able to.
        Regards, Mike

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

          @Jurassic-Mike said in Is Gold star essential:

          Is it essential to purchase the GOLD membership for it all to work correctly?

          No, it is certainly not.
          Can you provide some details, preferably a shared route plus a screenshot indicating where things go wrong? There is a problem with voice being not loud enough for many users, but no voice at all I have not heard of before. Do you hear a voice when toggling between mid and high loudness voice?

          9d250bdf-86b9-4490-97bc-0e569ab85515-image.png

          Jurassic Mike
          Jurassic Mike
          Jurassic Mike
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @Con-Hennekens Is there a way to test a route to check things are working OK without actually going out on the road?

          Rob Verhoeff 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Jurassic Mike Jurassic Mike

            @Con-Hennekens Is there a way to test a route to check things are working OK without actually going out on the road?

            Rob Verhoeff
            Rob Verhoeff
            Rob Verhoeff
            Alpha tester
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @Jurassic-Mike Simply start the navigation while you're sitting at home on the couch. In my case, it already provides the first voice instruction indoors. Perhaps it does the same for you. And, as Con already mentioned, you can use the menu options to test if voice instructions are enabled in general and adjust their volume.

            🏍️ BMW K1600GT-P (2013) | Nolan N100-5 with Sena 30K
            📱 iOS on iPhone 13 & 16 (mounted on Quadlock or AliExpress extention on BMW-cradle)
            🚙 Apple CarPlay in VW T-Roc
            💻 Routelab on MacBook Air & iMac (Golden Gate & Ventura)

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Jurassic Mike Jurassic Mike

              I have been trying MRA for just over a week now. I have the Navigation sub. but only the basic Route planning as yet.
              I have had nothing but problems and still can't get the navigation working properly. Such things as;
              No voice prompts, even though they are on in settings.
              Map location not moving on the displayed map, using Android phone.
              Totally wrong directions, even to turn into roads that do not exist where the current location is.
              Map detail on the default sub. not detailed enough.
              It all seems over complicated to me so I have a basic question to ask.
              Is it essential to purchase the GOLD membership for it all to work correctly?
              I have never had these sort of issues with other apps that I have been using. I am considering reverting to a previous one if this can't be resolved quickly.

              RetiredWingMan
              RetiredWingMan
              RetiredWingMan
              Valued contributor
              wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @Jurassic-Mike said in Is Gold star essential:

              I have been trying MRA for just over a week now. I have the Navigation sub. but only the basic Route planning as yet.
              Don't give up yet
              I have had nothing but problems and still can't get the navigation working properly. Such things as;
              No voice prompts, even though they are on in settings.
              I think you need to adjust the volume. This can done in the navigation settings, sounds, adjust volume while switching between medium and high.
              Map location not moving on the displayed map, using Android phone.
              You may have moved the map, tap the compass to reset track position and following.
              Totally wrong directions, even to turn into roads that do not exist where the current location is.
              I suspect you have waypoints that are off the route. Use the magnifying glass to zoom in on waypoints and move them into the route.
              Map detail on the default sub. not detailed enough.
              What detail is missing?
              It all seems over complicated to me so I have a basic question to ask.
              Have you watched any of the training videos or reviewed the MyRoute-app documents?
              Is it essential to purchase the GOLD membership for it all to work correctly? NO
              I have never had these sort of issues with other apps that I have been using. I am considering reverting to a previous one if this can't be resolved quickly.
              MRA is a comprehensive system. It requires time to learn.

              Good luck. It really is a great system for both route planning and navigation.

              2010 GL1800 Goldwing using Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Android 13.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

              Register Login
              Reply
              • Reply as topic
              Log in to reply
              • Oldest to Newest
              • Newest to Oldest
              • Most Votes


              ACTIVE USERS
              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Rob Verhoeff
              Rob Verhoeff
              RetiredWingMan
              RetiredWingMan
              Jurassic Mike
              Jurassic Mike
              POPULAR TOPICS
              • How to import gpx - via Route or Route-Track?
                Marinus van Deudekom
                Marinus van Deudekom
                0
                7
                183

              • Upgrading from Zumo XT to XT2
                Thomas Neumeyer
                Thomas Neumeyer
                0
                48
                3.7k

              • Drive restriction for vehicle
                Robineke
                Robineke
                0
                28
                226

              • How to plan correctly
                Marinus van Deudekom
                Marinus van Deudekom
                0
                2
                72

              • Offline Mode function
                1
                1
                8

              • No tracklog on Android phone
                Con Hennekens
                Con Hennekens
                0
                11
                286

              • Brittany routes
                Tony 13
                Tony 13
                0
                2
                73

              MY GROUPS
              • Login

              • Login or register to search.
              • First post
                Last post
              0
              • Categories
              • Recent
              • Popular
              • Support
              • MyRoute-app