Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. [App-Beta] The MyRoute-app
  3. [App-Beta] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Morroco Road Trip

Morroco Road Trip

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [App-Beta] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
9 Posts 3 Posters 113 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Stuart Greer
    Stuart Greer
    Stuart Greer
    wrote on last edited by Stuart Greer
    #1

    Just completed a 3 day road trip from Marrakesh through the Atlas Mountains to the Erg Chebbi dunes using MRA. I made up the route and downloaded it along with the maps for offline use. I tested it both offline and online.
    The app did not function as I would have expected.

    The app would take a long time to calculate in offline mode sometimes as long as 2 minutes. In online mode it was faster however still painfully slow. Herewego offline was instantaneous but only offers a to b navigation.

    The app would often show short detours in towns where there were no shaping or via points.

    The level of detail on the map is very poor and all street and road names are in Arabic. I ran a test using Herewego and the level of detail was significantly higher and the language in English.

    The app would often show as being off road despite actually being on the road.

    I am working on my mobile and unable to attach thescreenshots i took.

    Corjan Meijerink 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • Stuart Greer Stuart Greer deleted this topic on
    • Stuart Greer Stuart Greer restored this topic on
    • Stuart Greer Stuart Greer

      Just completed a 3 day road trip from Marrakesh through the Atlas Mountains to the Erg Chebbi dunes using MRA. I made up the route and downloaded it along with the maps for offline use. I tested it both offline and online.
      The app did not function as I would have expected.

      The app would take a long time to calculate in offline mode sometimes as long as 2 minutes. In online mode it was faster however still painfully slow. Herewego offline was instantaneous but only offers a to b navigation.

      The app would often show short detours in towns where there were no shaping or via points.

      The level of detail on the map is very poor and all street and road names are in Arabic. I ran a test using Herewego and the level of detail was significantly higher and the language in English.

      The app would often show as being off road despite actually being on the road.

      I am working on my mobile and unable to attach thescreenshots i took.

      Corjan Meijerink
      Corjan Meijerink
      Corjan Meijerink
      Developer
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @Stuart-Greer Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to any screenshots.

      Stuart Greer 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Corjan Meijerink Corjan Meijerink

        @Stuart-Greer Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to any screenshots.

        Stuart Greer
        Stuart Greer
        Stuart Greer
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @Corjan-Meijerink I'll get them to you Corjan. Appreciate all your efforts

        Corjan Meijerink 1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Stuart Greer Stuart Greer

          @Corjan-Meijerink I'll get them to you Corjan. Appreciate all your efforts

          Corjan Meijerink
          Corjan Meijerink
          Corjan Meijerink
          Developer
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @Stuart-Greer thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • Stuart Greer
            Stuart Greer
            Stuart Greer
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @Corjan-Meijerink hopefully links from dropbox will work

            https://www.dropbox.com/s/iih6jtxyf3qdh1n/Screenshot_20230526_095850.jpg?dl=0

            Detail from HereWego, also in English

            https://www.dropbox.com/s/gibq5yjc83jiqvk/Screenshot_20230526_095918.jpg?dl=0

            MRA in Arabic

            https://www.dropbox.com/s/oz3qh9dx0bjv157/Screenshot_20230526_095938.jpg?dl=0

            https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6or4d3aqxkkoya/Screenshot_20230526_174101.jpg?dl=0

            GPS inaccuracies

            https://www.dropbox.com/s/435t0gpic9yjr2s/Screenshot_20230526_174155.jpg?dl=0

            HereWego for same route

            Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Stuart Greer Stuart Greer

              @Corjan-Meijerink hopefully links from dropbox will work

              https://www.dropbox.com/s/iih6jtxyf3qdh1n/Screenshot_20230526_095850.jpg?dl=0

              Detail from HereWego, also in English

              https://www.dropbox.com/s/gibq5yjc83jiqvk/Screenshot_20230526_095918.jpg?dl=0

              MRA in Arabic

              https://www.dropbox.com/s/oz3qh9dx0bjv157/Screenshot_20230526_095938.jpg?dl=0

              https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6or4d3aqxkkoya/Screenshot_20230526_174101.jpg?dl=0

              GPS inaccuracies

              https://www.dropbox.com/s/435t0gpic9yjr2s/Screenshot_20230526_174155.jpg?dl=0

              HereWego for same route

              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Alpha tester
              wrote on last edited by Con Hennekens
              #6

              @Stuart-Greer, You can simply paste screenshots into a forum message.

              The app would take a long time to calculate in offline mode sometimes as long as 2 minutes. In online mode it was faster however still painfully slow. Herewego offline was instantaneous but only offers a to b navigation.

              Without really having insight in the calculation proces this does not sound really odd. Except for the 2 minutes. How many waypoints bare in this route? Local calculations are dependent on your hardware. Is it high end or not so much? When calculations are on-line, the calculation-power of the the hosting where the service is hosted (Here) is used and that's probably of higher spec than your phone ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

              all street and road names are in Arabic.

              No pun intended, but when I travel to England, most streetnames are in English. I think it is best when the names on the map are equal to the ones on the roadsigns?

              The app would often show short detours in towns where there were no shaping or via points.

              Most likely the quality of the maps is not like what we are used to in Western-Europe. Maybe it is a solution to not use "fastest route" (since if no speed limit is recorded for certain roads crazy detours are a result) but "shortest road" instead.

              I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

              Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

              Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

              Stuart Greer 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                @Stuart-Greer, You can simply paste screenshots into a forum message.

                The app would take a long time to calculate in offline mode sometimes as long as 2 minutes. In online mode it was faster however still painfully slow. Herewego offline was instantaneous but only offers a to b navigation.

                Without really having insight in the calculation proces this does not sound really odd. Except for the 2 minutes. How many waypoints bare in this route? Local calculations are dependent on your hardware. Is it high end or not so much? When calculations are on-line, the calculation-power of the the hosting where the service is hosted (Here) is used and that's probably of higher spec than your phone ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

                all street and road names are in Arabic.

                No pun intended, but when I travel to England, most streetnames are in English. I think it is best when the names on the map are equal to the ones on the roadsigns?

                The app would often show short detours in towns where there were no shaping or via points.

                Most likely the quality of the maps is not like what we are used to in Western-Europe. Maybe it is a solution to not use "fastest route" (since if no speed limit is recorded for certain roads crazy detours are a result) but "shortest road" instead.

                Stuart Greer
                Stuart Greer
                Stuart Greer
                wrote on last edited by Stuart Greer
                #7

                @Con-Hennekens, thanks for your feedback. Morroco was always going to be a challenge for the app however it was too good an opportunity to miss and it is a popular tour destination.

                My latest generation Samsung S22 plus doesn't let me paste screenshots, I can paste text. I have checked permissions and the app has access to the camera so not sure what is going in.

                Comparing the Arabic streetsigns with the minuscule text on your map is way beyond me๐Ÿค“๐Ÿ˜.

                Morrocan Street signs are in French and Arabic. Also Here maps are in French which MRA uses so not sure why MRA only shows Arabic.

                In the route I had 5 shaping and 3 via points.

                All the best with the launch, and I hope you are getting some time off

                Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
                -1
                • Stuart Greer Stuart Greer

                  @Con-Hennekens, thanks for your feedback. Morroco was always going to be a challenge for the app however it was too good an opportunity to miss and it is a popular tour destination.

                  My latest generation Samsung S22 plus doesn't let me paste screenshots, I can paste text. I have checked permissions and the app has access to the camera so not sure what is going in.

                  Comparing the Arabic streetsigns with the minuscule text on your map is way beyond me๐Ÿค“๐Ÿ˜.

                  Morrocan Street signs are in French and Arabic. Also Here maps are in French which MRA uses so not sure why MRA only shows Arabic.

                  In the route I had 5 shaping and 3 via points.

                  All the best with the launch, and I hope you are getting some time off

                  Con Hennekens
                  Con Hennekens
                  Con Hennekens
                  Alpha tester
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @Stuart-Greer, yes I see it now, you are completely right, a lot of streetnames are on the MRA planner map also in French. Once loaded as a route in Next, the names become Arabic. That means that French names, must be available. @Corjan-Meijerink, could this be a parameter in the Here service, or SDK?

                  Thank you for wishing me time off, but I am not employed by MRA ๐Ÿ˜‰ I am a user just like you. I'll forward the off-time to the MRA team!

                  I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

                  Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

                  Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

                  Corjan Meijerink 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                    @Stuart-Greer, yes I see it now, you are completely right, a lot of streetnames are on the MRA planner map also in French. Once loaded as a route in Next, the names become Arabic. That means that French names, must be available. @Corjan-Meijerink, could this be a parameter in the Here service, or SDK?

                    Thank you for wishing me time off, but I am not employed by MRA ๐Ÿ˜‰ I am a user just like you. I'll forward the off-time to the MRA team!

                    Corjan Meijerink
                    Corjan Meijerink
                    Corjan Meijerink
                    Developer
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @Con-Hennekens could be ๐Ÿ˜›

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    ACTIVE USERS
                    Corjan Meijerink
                    Corjan Meijerink
                    Con Hennekens
                    Con Hennekens
                    Stuart Greer
                    Stuart Greer
                    POPULAR TOPICS
                    • Strange translation
                      Stefan Hummelink
                      Stefan Hummelink
                      0
                      15
                      35

                    • Add delete route button to library
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      0
                      9
                      24

                    • [EN] MyRoute-app Routeplanner Next (Beta)
                      martin-phogel.de
                      martin-phogel.de
                      9
                      112
                      10.5k

                    • Undo/Redo tool is hidden
                      b0hd1
                      b0hd1
                      0
                      7
                      12

                    • Crazy routing
                      Hubert Thoring
                      Hubert Thoring
                      0
                      7
                      26

                    • Compatibility and synchronization of the "old" database with the new beta
                      b0hd1
                      b0hd1
                      1
                      5
                      20

                    • Which route is shown?
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      1
                      4
                      24

                    • A07 Shared Route Collaboration โ€“ Change Log?
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      Corjan Meijerink
                      0
                      4
                      13

                    MY GROUPS
                    • Login

                    • Login or register to search.
                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Categories
                    • Recent
                    • Popular
                    • Support
                    • MyRoute-app