Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Support
  • MyRoute-app
Collapse
Brand Logo

MRA Community Forum

  1. Home
  2. [Beta] The MyRoute-app
  3. [Beta] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
  4. Update offline maps

Update offline maps

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved [Beta] Problems, Bugs and other Issues
8 Posts 4 Posters 150 Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • HABVEN aka MrMRA
    HABVEN aka MrMRA
    HABVEN aka MrMRA
    Valued contributor
    wrote on last edited by HABVEN aka MrMRA
    #1

    I have to update offline maps….IMG_0398.png

    BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
    Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

    Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

      I have to update offline maps….IMG_0398.png

      Con Hennekens
      Con Hennekens
      Con Hennekens
      Alpha tester
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master, I got this immediately after updating to the latest beta. I deleted cache and storage in the app setting, then it was okay.Of course I needed to redownload all maps after that. So try just deleting cache first, perhaps that is enough.

      I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

      Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

      Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

      tonyS HABVEN aka MrMRA 2 Replies Last reply
      0
      • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

        @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master, I got this immediately after updating to the latest beta. I deleted cache and storage in the app setting, then it was okay.Of course I needed to redownload all maps after that. So try just deleting cache first, perhaps that is enough.

        tonyS
        tonyS
        tonyS
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @Con-Hennekens I have a similar problem, I can down load possibly 2 off-line maps and then downloading the next it stops part way through. After this the app won't run it starts with a white background with the logo and hangs. Restarting my Samsung tablet requires the power and vol minus buttons to be simultaneously pressed.
        I have cleared data and cache a number of times but I can't download more than a couple of maps before crashing.

        Lives in the UK
        Samsung Galaxy A33 5G
        Samsung Galaxy Tab A8
        Aoocci C3 cheap crap
        Soon to be a Carpuride
        Garmin Zumo XT

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

          @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master, I got this immediately after updating to the latest beta. I deleted cache and storage in the app setting, then it was okay.Of course I needed to redownload all maps after that. So try just deleting cache first, perhaps that is enough.

          HABVEN aka MrMRA
          HABVEN aka MrMRA
          HABVEN aka MrMRA
          Valued contributor
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @Con-Hennekens

          Still the same error 😬

          BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
          Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

          MarcM 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

            @Con-Hennekens

            Still the same error 😬

            MarcM
            MarcM
            MarcM
            wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

            Same experience once - deleted the app and re-installed the app - everything ok now
            Question: the button "Download update" what does that button mean ?

            Con Hennekens 1 Reply Last reply
            1
            • MarcM MarcM

              @Hans-van-de-Ven-MRA-Master

              Same experience once - deleted the app and re-installed the app - everything ok now
              Question: the button "Download update" what does that button mean ?

              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Con Hennekens
              Alpha tester
              wrote on last edited by Con Hennekens
              #6

              @MarcM, I think it updates the info about the for download available maps. It does not actually update the downloaded maps as far as I see. It looks like the update fails whenever there is actually a change in that info.

              EDIT:
              I learned from another thread that this update button actually DOES update all downloaded maps. It does that by delta, so only changes need to be downloaded, but obviously the calculation of those delta's takes a long time somehow (probably HERE functionality).

              I am just an enthusiastic MRA user, and hope you will be one too!

              Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the saddle.

              Check out RideSleepRepeat.eu, a biker community for sharing stays across Europe

              HABVEN aka MrMRA 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • Con Hennekens Con Hennekens

                @MarcM, I think it updates the info about the for download available maps. It does not actually update the downloaded maps as far as I see. It looks like the update fails whenever there is actually a change in that info.

                EDIT:
                I learned from another thread that this update button actually DOES update all downloaded maps. It does that by delta, so only changes need to be downloaded, but obviously the calculation of those delta's takes a long time somehow (probably HERE functionality).

                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                HABVEN aka MrMRA
                Valued contributor
                wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @All-Fazer-Club-Nederland
                I deleted the app and re-installed it.
                Problem fixed

                BMW BMW Connected Ride Navigator/Garmin Zumo XT3/XT2/XT//Tourstart/ MyRouteapp (The App)/...
                Een dag niet gelachen is een dag niet geleefd / Een route is net zo goed als deze uitgezet is.

                MarcM 1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • HABVEN aka MrMRA HABVEN aka MrMRA

                  @All-Fazer-Club-Nederland
                  I deleted the app and re-installed it.
                  Problem fixed

                  MarcM
                  MarcM
                  MarcM
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #8
                  This post is deleted!
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0

                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                  Register Login
                  Reply
                  • Reply as topic
                  Log in to reply
                  • Oldest to Newest
                  • Newest to Oldest
                  • Most Votes


                  ACTIVE USERS
                  HABVEN aka MrMRA
                  HABVEN aka MrMRA
                  Con Hennekens
                  Con Hennekens
                  tonyS
                  tonyS
                  MarcM
                  MarcM
                  POPULAR TOPICS
                  • Where is the "Routes" option?
                    LennyO
                    LennyO
                    0
                    5
                    18

                  • My Routeapp Stays questions
                    Lluis Arasanz
                    Lluis Arasanz
                    0
                    5
                    21

                  • Foutmelding In MRA Next
                    Hans Lamers
                    Hans Lamers
                    0
                    3
                    9

                  • LAN001 - Statistics data from a Tracklog and Map improvment
                    Lluis Arasanz
                    Lluis Arasanz
                    0
                    3
                    12

                  • Problem Switching App to Beta RoutePlanner
                    Rob Verhoeff
                    Rob Verhoeff
                    0
                    7
                    46

                  • [Request] Recent changes on webplanner...
                    Lluis Arasanz
                    Lluis Arasanz
                    0
                    3
                    11

                  • Strange translation
                    Lluis Arasanz
                    Lluis Arasanz
                    0
                    3
                    4

                  • Kort voorstellen
                    Rob Verhoeff
                    Rob Verhoeff
                    1
                    2
                    55

                  MY GROUPS
                  • Login

                  • Login or register to search.
                  • First post
                    Last post
                  0
                  • Categories
                  • Recent
                  • Popular
                  • Support
                  • MyRoute-app