Compatibility and synchronization of the "old" database with the new beta
-
I really want to start designing and thus contribute all my ideas to the new beta, but I’m running into major setbacks.
- I don't see the routes I create in the beta version on my usual Next account.
- If I download them to transfer them to my "old" planner so I can navigate safely, I lose a lot of information.
- I can't see my groups—this is very important, as one of them is my backup and the other belongs to my community, containing over 2,000 routes. Losing this information would be a disaster...

I don't see my recent routes in the beta. It seems the integration happened a long time ago, and if I want to use the beta, I lose a lot of recent work.


Yes, I know it's a beta. But if you want us to be 100% involved in helping and development, it shouldn't have so many obstacles for daily use.
For example, if I could simply create the routes in the beta and then quickly and easily export them to the current planner, that alone would be a major achievement.
There is no better way to improve a beta version than by using it. However, right now, it seems very risky to travel with the new package... So, until it is reasonably reliable, we should have tools that allow us to travel with peace of mind.
-
I really want to start designing and thus contribute all my ideas to the new beta, but I’m running into major setbacks.
- I don't see the routes I create in the beta version on my usual Next account.
- If I download them to transfer them to my "old" planner so I can navigate safely, I lose a lot of information.
- I can't see my groups—this is very important, as one of them is my backup and the other belongs to my community, containing over 2,000 routes. Losing this information would be a disaster...

I don't see my recent routes in the beta. It seems the integration happened a long time ago, and if I want to use the beta, I lose a lot of recent work.


Yes, I know it's a beta. But if you want us to be 100% involved in helping and development, it shouldn't have so many obstacles for daily use.
For example, if I could simply create the routes in the beta and then quickly and easily export them to the current planner, that alone would be a major achievement.
There is no better way to improve a beta version than by using it. However, right now, it seems very risky to travel with the new package... So, until it is reasonably reliable, we should have tools that allow us to travel with peace of mind.
Yes, I know it's a beta. But if you want us to be 100% involved in helping and development, it shouldn't have so many obstacles for daily use.
That's not a very friendly way to put it...
As of version 6 the app can be synced directly to beta.
Syncing routes back to myrouteapp.com won't ever happen.Groups won't be carried over because they are fundamentally too different.
Perhaps future insights might allow me to reconsider.. -
Yes, I know it's a beta. But if you want us to be 100% involved in helping and development, it shouldn't have so many obstacles for daily use.
That's not a very friendly way to put it...
As of version 6 the app can be synced directly to beta.
Syncing routes back to myrouteapp.com won't ever happen.Groups won't be carried over because they are fundamentally too different.
Perhaps future insights might allow me to reconsider..@Corjan-Meijerink
Hahaha, don't take it that way. It's the translator—it's really clumsy. I'm too fond of Mra not to be friendly. -
Thanks for clarifying

Must admit that German translations for some reason always get so harshly translated in English -
Having made clear my fondness and passion for MRa and its staff, let's keep working full steam ahead.
Knowing that Next can link up with the beta planner—and seeing how stable it already is—my concerns will all but vanish.
The only remaining issue is how we’ll transfer group routes from the old planner to the new one. For now, since nothing is being lost, it’s not urgent. That will only become important the day the "old" planner is no longer operational.
Let's focus on the important things for the time being—after all, the new planner is really impressive!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login